EFCA, the European Federation of Engineering Consultancy Associations is the only federation to represent the engineering consultancy industry in Europe.
Founded in 1992, EFCA has member association in 29 European countries. The sector represents over 10,000 companies and more than one million staff in engineering and related services across Europe.
EFCA’s goal is to secure the optimum legal and regulatory framework for the engineering consulting industry at the EU level.
The EFCA secretariat manages the EFCA relationship with European institutions and stakeholders. Together with the EFCA Committees and Task Forces, it plays a crucial role in developing positions on EU policy initiatives and advocacy strategies to achieve the EFCA legal and policy goals.
Who we are
The EFCA secretariat, conveniently located in Brussels at Madou station, has a team of 4 people.
We are working with our stakeholders, i.e. the national associations of 29 countries, the Board of Directors and the EFCA committees and task forces to give our industry a voice in European policy making.
EFCA is looking for a Policy/Communication Adviser
S/he will enable EFCA to be more external facing and help to be more vocal and more visible.
S/he will work as part of a team, liaising closely with EFCA Member Associations, committees and task forces.
The responsibilities include:
- Monitor relevant EU policy and legislation and advise members on those developments
- Coordinate part of the internal working groups and support their work
- Gather information and produce reports from relevant meetings and events
- Communicate internally and externally
- Feed social media with relevant engineering consultancy information
- High level secretarial/lobby tasks for the European Business Services Alliance (EBSA) for which EFCA is responsible.
- Support the Future Leaders Steering Committee: this includes liaising with FLSC members, schedule meetings and organise an annual conference
The responsibilities cover EFCA’s EU advocacy on areas such as public procurement rules, climate policy, circular economy as well as infrastructure related policy topics and European international development policies.
Starting date: January 2022
Specific qualifications, skills and experience:
Education: University degree
Languages: Excellent written and spoken English and advanced level of French and/or Dutch
- Minimum five years working experience
- Motivated, eager to learn, with proactive mindset, strong attention to detail and a “can-do” attitude
- Proficient communicator, both in writing and oral
- Proficient with social media
- Able to minute meetings accurately
- Able to assist in coordinating General Assemblies together with the EFCA team
- Follow-up meeting agendas and prepare future meetings
- Prepared to participate/assist in outside meetings (EU Commission, European Parliament, other EU federations, etc.)
Considered as a plus
- Previous EU-related work experience is a plus
- Understanding of the European Union and its institutions, the EU regulatory framework and decision-making processes and policies
- Familiar with European politics and/or policies
- A motivating, multitask and diversified full-time position in a committed and flexible team
- A competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualification and experience, including fringe benefits i.e. meal vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, compensation for transportation costs …
- Eventually, possibility to teleworking
- Within a foreseeable future, EFCA offers challenging career opportunities towards a senior position
- Occasional short travel within Europe (2-3 times/year) may be required
Send your application by e-mail to email@example.com